The contest deadline has been extended to March 30, 2017 at midnight EST.
Our raison d’être at BRIKA is to inspire thoughtful gifting. Crafted by hand by our Makers, each heirloom-quality good connects artisans to consumers to form a pretty incredible creative community. Since gifting is woven into the very fabric by which we run, it felt only natural that we would encompass a brand new category in our mission towards becoming a one stop gifting shop: gift wrap.
Designing a gift wrap as beautiful as the community it represents is no easy feat, which is where artisans both aspiring and established (you!) come in. In partnership with Wrappily, who offers gift wrap printed on 100% recyclable newsprint, we’re looking for gift wrap patterns inspired by the BRIKA brand and as creative as the pieces it will wrap. The winning designer of the Wrap Happily Design Challenge will receive the following:
- $250 cash prize
- $250 matching donation to winner’s charity of choice
- $100 BRIKA gift certificate
- 2 consulting sessions with BRIKA Co-Founders Kena & Jen on the building a creative business
- Artist promoted through feature on BRIKA blog, email, and social media
To enter, please submit two complementary and coordinating patterns, as the wrap is double-sided, and follow the specifications below. Submit a PDF, scaled 100% to file size (see note below) of 8″ x 12″ or 800 x 1200 pixels to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be received by the contest deadline of March 30, 2017 at midnight EST. We encourage you to fire up your creative engines in any way you see fit, and look forward to seeing all innovative entries!
- Submit a PDF, scaled 100% to file size (see note below) of 8″ x 12″ or 800 x 1200 pixels.
- Keep the scale of the pattern in mind in terms of versatility of the items it will wrap.
- Build color in CMYK, and be sure to convert any Pantone or spot colors to CMYK. (Sorry, metallics and neons are not available.)
- Total ink usage should be under 220 (in Photoshop).
- The pattern will be printed on a cold web press, where the ink dries by absorption rather than being baked or coated. Avoid very dark or overly saturated colors, which will cause ink smudges when handling the paper.
- Paper will be an uncoated, premium-weight newsprint.
Eligible submissions must meet all of the following criteria:
- Contest is limited to two submissions per person.
- Designs must be original works created by the Entrants themselves.
- Patterns must represent original work inspired by the BRIKA brand.
- File names of your entry should include your first and last name.
- BRIKA reserves the right to select finalists for public voting.
- All submissions must be received by the contest deadline of March 30, 2017 at midnight EST.
Read the Official Rules.
For questions and submissions, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
For more about BRIKA and our creative community, visit our About Us page.