Hanging a gallery wall is a simple and effective way to elevate the ordinary and will have you pinning the product of your creation to your interior design inspiration board in no time. We’ve laid out a few guidelines below, but the most important thing to remember is not to overthink it – get creative and have fun! Mixing and matching art you’ve collected over the years will already be a natural extension of your personality, so you’re already halfway to creating a statement wall worth showing off.
Before you hang:
- Ensure all your art is framed with 2-3 styles of frames. This will add an element of consistency to the overall aesthetic so you can really throw caution to the wind when it comes to putting everything together.
- Lay all your pieces on the floor. Start with 1-2 centerpieces – the largest and boldest prints that will anchor the rest – then build your collage out using smaller pieces.
- Snap a few bird’s-eye view pictures of the collage, then play around with the arrangement until you’ve calibrated all the pieces to your liking.
Tips to keep in mind:
1. Add in your favorite quotes. Mixing up the mediums and incorporating bold typography amongst your prints will add dimension to your collage.
Creative spark print, $18
2. Incorporate prints in bright pops of color to accent the more subdued pieces.
Shine bright print, $16
3. Or, try a completely black-and-white palette for a monochromatic look that is classic but still striking.
Eyes black print, $16
Feather study #9, $54
4. Mix in abstract patterns as an easy way to contrast the content of each piece on your wall.
Geometric art print, $18
5. Play with frame size – from big to miniscule, the sky’s the limit in terms of the scale of your pieces.
Mod hearts print, $18
When you’re ready to hang:
- Ensure your art is 1.5 – 3” apart and that the spacing, whichever length you choose, remains uniform throughout.
- Share your Louvre-level wall with us on social media by tagging us @shopbrika!
Photo in main image courtesy of We Are Scout