We love this simple DIY that adds a touch of playfulness to clothing, making it perfect for reworking an old sweater or refreshing a shirt that your little one has grown tired of. Requiring very basic supplies that you likely already have around the house, the end product will be well worth your effort and finished just in time for Valentine’s Day! Tutorial and photo courtesy of Apartment Therapy.
What you need:
- Sweater, jacket, or cardigan
- Medium weight fabric for patches
- Thread or embroidery floss
- Fabric adhesive(optional)
- Cut a square of paper and lay it over the elbow of whatever sweater or jacket you are working with, approximately 5″x5″. Fold your paper in half and draw one side of a heart. Cut out the heart and use as a stencil for your patches.
- Pin or tape the heart shapes onto the elbow area of the sleeves on whatever garment you are working with.
- Stitch all the way around the heart to secure it in place using a simple whip stitch or catch stich.
- You’re all set! And can now wear your heart on your sleeve, literally. <3