Once mid-August hits, we begin to mourn the end of summer. Although there are still a good few weeks left, we know that school days, fall fashion, turning leaves and that lovely crisp air is just around the corner. Instead of crying over these last weeks of warmth, we’re choosing to savor summer with these 25 ideas:
1. Try a new restaurant in your city and book a table on the patio.
2. Host an amazing summer dinner party (try these instead of boring burgers!).
3. Spend a night under the stars and see how many constellations you can name.
4. Go to an ice cream shop and try a flavor you’ve never had before.
5. Catch a movie at a drive-in theater.
6. Buy fresh fruit and make a big batch of sangria (or try these drink ideas).
7. Enjoy an outdoor concert or food festival.
8. Wear all your favorite summer dresses while you still can. Leave your long pants in your closet until September hits!
10. Get crafty. Try these DIYs.
11. Organize an outdoor group activity like beach volleyball, soccer, or ultimate frisbee.
12. Go on a road trip (it doesn’t have to be far!).
13. Find a local farm and pick fresh fruit.
14. Make jam, pies, and cakes with all that fruit!
15. Catch fireflies in a jar.
16. Sign up for a 5k run or fun triathlon.
17. Go camping, even if it’s just in the backyard.
18. Enjoy a long, leisurely bike ride.
19. Plan a picnic with friends.
20. Go skinny dipping!
21. Wake up early to watch the sunrise.
22. Go night swimming.
23. Get one last bright manicure and pedicure.
24. Go on a hike or nature walk (pick wildflowers and press them in a book after!).
25. Drink a lovely rose wine instead of a cocktail in the early evening.